Sunday, January 08, 2006

New day, new ideas, new blog

So over the past couple of years I've been playing around with a philosophical concept - areté, the ancient greek word for "excellence". Areté seems to be the key to a lot of life, so I'm planning to turn this otherwise-useless blog into a discussion of my views on it.

I probably won't be posting terribly regularly due to the limitations of work. I also plan to keep this blog fairly anonymous. This may prove problematic since, due to minor idiocy on my part, I've managed to link it to my real identity. If you have seen me in enough forums to be aware of this link then you're probably entitled to know about it, but I'd ask that people not go actively hunting for it and in fact do their best to take this blog at face value without reference to Real Life [tm].

No comments: