Saturday, February 04, 2012

Moving on

Hi all. I'm officially closing this blog. It's over a year since I've last posted, so this probably won't come as a surprise to anyone.

Why, then, am I bothering to close it? Why not just leave it up in case I feel like re-starting in future?

Well, if I re-started, it probably wouldn't be here. My views are the same, but my pre-occupations are very different. These days I'm more of an economics geek than a science geek. I don't enjoy arguing with creationists or Christians. I have a slightly higher dating success rate. And I try not to wear my heart on my sleeve so much.

In short, a lot of the stuff on this blog would now be moderately embarrassing for me if it were ever linked to my real identity. Not so much because it's wrong, but because it doesn't match the image I present. Having someone find your early blog postings is like having your mum show them your baby photos.

At some point I may start blogging somewhere else, either under another pseudonym or with my real name. If you're interested in finding out where, leave a comment on this post.

So long and thanks for all the fish comments.

No comments: